FFXI crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirion

hey ppl,
Ok so start off i've been playing ffxi for a little over a year and havent had any problems since then. The server prolly kicked me off 2 times total, but i recently moved and since i have setup in my new location the server kicks me off, the game itself crashes, which shouldnt be internet based. It used to not bother me becuase it was a rare occassion, but recently it has started crashing frequently, sometimes asking if i want to send an error report, sometimes only shutting down part of the program, and sometimes all of it. The background will also change colors and become distorted at random times, sometimes blocking out the entire screen. The only change i have made is adding 2gb patriot PC3200 memory on a dual channel bus, but i was having problems before i added the memory. I have 1gb of Kingston pc3200 installed as well, so i dont know if the two latency speeds could be conflicting to cause more problems, although the speeds match the pairs themselves. I have run anti-virus and anti-spyware already, updated my drivers, and updated windows. If any other info is needed please let me know and thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back