File and settings transfer wizard. What format are the files saved in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to recover files and settings that i saved onto a hard drive. I can scan the drive to retreive the files, but what format does the files and transfer wizard save them in?
Once i've recovered them how do i then load them onto a pc.
I saved them with windows xp service pack 2.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Andrew.

it's saves them in windows backup file. You will need to save anything important to another disk before restoring as it will overwrite your current state when restoring.

It's complicated, i had to reformat the hard drive that the settings and files are on. I have a program called file scavenger that lets me retreive them, but it lists them as individual files. You can search for the file you need by typing the file type in the search, such as .jpeg .dat and so forth. Now what do i need to type to get the files and settings transfer folder back?

Thanks for helping
Andrew

I'm not sure excactly what you are asking... Did you backup data on a harddrive? In that case it will be the same format it was in. Or did you accidentally delete files? Then use a file recovery program (google it) - which should keep them in the same format. Or are you trying to restore your computer? In that case I don't know - I never recover but reformat since I have a portable hard drive which stores all my important information.

Good luck - if you clarify I can help more.

Regards,

Korrupt

I used file and settings wizard and stored it on my second hard drive.
I then reformated my first drive and reinstalled windows xp, hoping to use the file and settings wizard and install the files from the second drive.
On booting up i couldn't access the second drive as it didn't have a letter assigned. So i formatted it, and ran file scavenger (recovery software) to get my lost files back.
What i would like to do is find the files and settings wizard files i had saved and then run the program to install them.

Again thanks for your help and time.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back