File names missing in my pictures folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallie_s

Hi,

Any ideas on this one.

In the "my pictures" folder I have lost the filenames in the thumbnail view.
If I change the view to details or tiles the filenames are there. But in the filmstrip or thumbnail views the names are missing on both the pics and the folders . However in the subfolders the filenames are showing.

This is something new as they were all showing untill a few days ago. I am running XP-Pro.

Thanks to all who might have an idea on this.

Wallie

Thank You

Thank You Howard..... It worked like a charm. You and this forum are such great sources of information.

I really appreciate it !

Wallie

Until I found that fix, I didn`t know how to do it. ;)

We all learn new stuff all the time, including me. I even tried it on my computer and it works both ways. That is, it can disable the file names as well as enabling them, which is pretty cool.

If anyone else ever asks, we`ll both know what to tell them lol.

Regards Howard :)

Glad you found a fix,but would you mind telling me where you where
viewing them that has "Filmstrip"
My Documents/My Pictures doesn't.
Thanks

If you go to your Pictures folder and click on the view menu, you can select filmstrip from there if you wish.

I did

I have many Picture folder.Does this refer to My Documents ?
Thats why i'm asking,it's not there.Do you want a sshot ?

In that case, just go to wherever your pictures are and see if the filmstrip option is available in the view menu. I have a feeling that the filmstrip option may only be available in certain folders.

Edit: If you find that some of your folders don`t have the filmstrip option, right click on them and select properties, then the customize tab. In the drop down list under "What kind of folder do you want?" Choose Pictures [Best for many files], click apply/ok. That folder should now have the filmstrip option available.

zipperman said:
I have many Picture folder.Does this refer to My Documents ?
Thats why i'm asking,it's not there.Do you want a sshot ?

Zipperman...thats where it I found it on my pc. But it seems to be available in all folders.
Howard's suggestion should make it available to you.

I see now

wallie_s said:
Zipperman...thats where it I found it on my pc. But it seems to be available in all folders.
Howard's suggestion should make it available to you.

But your topic and first post discussed "pictures"
This is a custom "Folder" option.With pictures on them.
I knew how to do that.
My movie folder has a camera on it.
Thanks for everyones input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back