Files being spool but disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

I guess not many can help me on this issue, but I had another question...

-I can ping my PrintServer I've also disconnect and recheck to make sure no IP
conflicts
-I have re-installed all driver and start from scratch
-I have carefully check the Queue Name both IP address/subnet mask/gateway

Everytime I do a complete setup and do a test print, I see the file being spool but then disappear like nothing has happen. I do a search on spooling and disappear and they told me to check the IP for conflicts and correcting the Queue Name.

What shall I do?

seeing the filed spooled says the printserver is receiving ok.
when the file gets deleted w/o being printed suggests you need the correct
print driver for the connected printer.

Sorry for the late reply, I been tryin to work this printserver with my new laserjet 1020 printer though with no luck...

I am totally surprise here, because I had manage to get it to work on 2 occasion but then it just plain dead (doesn't print) to me again!!!

Ok let me try to explain... The printer (hp lj 1020) is located on the other side of the room so I brought the printer and hook up next to my PC to make my life abit easier to configure it (the printer still in the same network, just switching place)

Somehow along the line I had manage to get it prints (just doing the same procedure, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, changing IP, switching the Queue Name etc etc) I was very happy then so I brought it back to it original place hook up and try to print test again, guess what? it doesn't print (file being spool in the Queue Name then just disappear, the same issue I had mention before)

It was the cable I thought, so I brought the printer back to my place area for testing (hook up with the same cable, obviously I did not change anything in my PC) but then again it doesn't work... HOW ???????
I am going nutts now, I am simply don't have a clue what the problem I am dealing with. Is it the setup/cable/network? printer/printserver? what is it?

At last I'd borrow my brother laptop to work on it alone with another free HUB (thought it might be the current networking causing the problem), I got it to print once again and the same things happen as before after I moved the printer and printserver to it original place so I hook everything back with the laptop, I expect it to work - but it did just like before...

Now, I did not just try afew but close to hundred times (reinstalled driver, queue name, plug/unplug, power on/off, reset everything I could think of) but no work.

Although, if I took the printer (laserjet 1020) and hook it up to any computers on the network it can printing/sharing fine. The same as my old printer (deskjet 845c) if I hook it up to the printserver it printing/sharing fine too.

I don't know if I get the message clear and understandable, because I do really need help from you all...

Thank

How do you connect the 1020 to the computer when you say it works, USB or parallel?

And how do you connect it to the print server?

The printer is working when connected directly.
The print server works with other printers.

What is the make and model of your print server?

I don’t know if you are using a Jetdirect. well it is not an N series printer, may be you have a print server with few parallel ports, may be you are using a router with print server, everything points to communication problems between the 1020 and the server.

No one is looking at this because you have not provided much information. Operating system and all are not that important but it helps to start your post with what hardware you have, how you connect them what software you are using and then the problems.

All we know is that you have a 1020 and an 845C, few computers, at least one laptop, a hub, a print server, some unknown cables.

Your first post sounds like you started a new thread, can you point us to your other thread?

Sharam thank you for replying, and sorry I didn't give enough info to my problem.

PrintServer: EUSSO (2 USB 1 Parralle)
Printers: USB LaserJet 1020, USB Deskjet 854c
Softwares: both PrinterServer and Printers has their own CD Drivers/Softwares
Cables: T-568B
Router: D-Link Wireless ADSL Router (I had disable Wireless using only Wire) are connecting to Internet and connecting to other 2 HUBs
Hubs: 1 is linksys, and the other not sure about the brand... 1 Hub is connected to 2 computers and the seconds Hub connected to 7 Computers (3 Laptops)

I don't know what Jetdirect, though I can access it through a webpage base (ie: http://192.168.1.70 PrintServer_IP_Add) but I found it useless since I can access it through a PrintServer base software and it done the same purpose, such as changing IP address of PrintServer, changing Queue name etc etc...

Do I need to explain myself how I add my printers like putting the IP address and the Queue Name of the printer?

This is to my old post relating to this issue
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic36588.html

Thank Sharam for hearing my problem out, I really appreciated

I have to leave right now but thanks, I'll take a look once I'm back, meanwhile, please throw your CDs away and get updated drivers and patches (if any) for you printer from HP.

Even if you bought the printer today, the CD was made probably weeks or months ago. Just keep the CD for the software if you need them, I do this with everything I buy.

May be someone else could help as well.

Now, let’s not start another thread, I have to go and read everything there and come back here. Try to keep everything related to the same problem in one thread.

Just about to go read your other thread to get the whole picture, I know you did your best to explain your situation and it is a lot more clear (at least to me) I am a bit slow and unless I have all the facts, my brain goes nuts especially if I haven't had enough rest.

Every time you get it to work, after you move it, it stops working ... hmmm .... is there something loose?

I get back to you if I have any more questions.

Thankx for notifyin me that you not abandon me ;) ...

I am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with the cable (since I tested so many and change many cable to suit difference situation) or loose cable etc etc or the setup/printer/installation/driver... The only things I am aware of maybe the whole internal structure of my network that causing this issue? but still I dont see any wrong doing either... (since my networking skill is below advance)

So, you have a high speed modem that plugs in to the phone line, then you connect the DLink to the modem, then the print server and 2 hubs plug in to DLink or one hub conected to another hub. you have 9 computers and 2 printers, you are using DHCP. You are using the software that came with your PServer to manage Qs and all, Something like this I think.

If you are willing, we can re-do your Network but it requires you to tell us how you are setup (modem and router in roomA, PServer in room B, HUB1 in roomB, HUB 2 in roomC, printer1&2 in roomB and so on) as well as how these are all connected to one another minus the computers and the printers.

Better yet, how do you want your network setup? You have 9 computers a print server and 2 printers.

This would most probably take less and we would all be on the same page.
I don't know why this is not working for you. It could be something simple, but we can setup your network with your help once and for all.

I think I found your Print Server not sure since there are 2 models with 2USB 1P!?

Can you look under your print server, Router and the 2 hubs for exact model and rev.

What do you think?

Actually we have 3 printers
-Printer A: Konica Minolta PagePro 1300W, Serial Connector - Currently connect to 'Block A' Computer 1 (Problem free)
Note: I tried testing 'Minolta' once with PrintServer though it never work either
-Printer B: HP Deskjet 854c USB - Currently connect with 'Block B' Computer 3 (Problem free)
-Printer C: HP Laserjet 1020 USB - Connect with printserver in 'Block C' alone (Problem)

I'm not an artist so I draw this,

This is my current Network, though I don't see anythings (hardwares) we would like to change/swap either...

The reason is:

1. 'Block A' need a printer so I connect 'Minolta' to 'Computer 1' and 'Computer 2' can share it as well
2. 'Block B' - the reason I connect Deskjet to 'Computer 3' because this person need both color and black-N-white printing/print more often/confedential documents/printer is also quite slow so he may just use it alone
3. I got the PrintServer up so everyone (especially Block B) can have access to fast laserjet printing, and we don't need any computer to turn on either
Hope you understand my goal.

|D-Link
|
|
| Diamond |-- Computer 1--- Minolta PagePro 1300w
-----------------|
| |(Block A)
| |
| |-- Computer 2
|
|
|
|
| |--------Computer 3--- Deskjet 854c
| |
| (Block B)|--------Computer 4
| Linksys |
|-----------------|--------Computer 5 (laptop)
|
|--------Computer 6 (laptop)
|
|--------Computer 7 (laptop)
|
|--------Computer 8
|
|--------Computer 9
|
|
|(Block C)
|--------PrintServer--- HP Laserjet 1020

Here is the model of the Router, 2 Hubs and PrintServer

Router: D-Link Wireless ADSL Router
Model Number DSL-G604T

HUB 1: Linksys SD208 8 Port Switch
HUB 2: Diamond 8 Port Switch

PrintServer: EUSSO UPS1221-BU2

Btw, I do not use DHCP for my network the whole structure are using pure static, can this be a problem???

So what is your suggestion on this issue, please guide me on this thank...

Static IP could be the problem. Not itself but how it is setup

Let me look at this, as long as you realize the fact that I own my own 24/ 7 on site computer services business. I never know when the phone is going to ring next. Yesterday I had to leave kind of fast and forgot to log off from here.

I didn’t mean for you to draw anything, but thanks for the effort. I just needed you to type what is connected to what and to make it easier you could have left the computers and the printers out.

I have to look at it again and see if it makes sense to me.

I got few calls booked today, so be patient, one of the networking Gurus might jump in as well you never know, but I will get back to you today.

Do I understand correctly that the print server was never connected to any printers before, and you just bought it for the LaserJet? I was under the assumption that the PServer and 845C had been setup and working, and you just wanted to take the 845C out and put in the LaserJet or to add the LaserJet?!?!

That's so cool Sharam, having to own a business. :)

Anyway this is the my network structure

-D-link is hook up with phoneline (internet)
-2 Hubs is connected to D-link
-1st Hub (Diamond) is connected to D-link, (2 Computers on here)
-2nd Hub (Linksys) is connected to D-link, (7 Computers on here)

Yes you are correct, I bought LaserJet 1020 only to use with PrintServer.
Deskjet 854c never meant to use with PrintServer, though I use it for testing - although it worked.

You've state that static could be a problem (cuz the way I set up)
So that meant if I take, 1 computer, 1 router/hub, 1 PrintServer and Printer and set it up in a different network environment it should working fine right?

Just as I mention it before, I had done this and it worked - though after I took everything back to my original network structure, it doesn't work... and vice versa...!!! Weird... :dead: :dead:

Your hardware setup looks OK, must be the Network.

The only print servers I have setup were connected to a Netware 5.0 Network.

I will have a look at the PServer and DLink's manuals, see If find something you might have overlooked.

Everything is setup from the DLink, right? Minus the printers.

Yeah that is correct, printer do not connect direct to Dlink... And thank for your support, hope you find it soon... Since I am out of idea

Router can impact your printserver

some routers may impact your printserver!

see this link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back