Finally, Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedlam_4

Whew! RTCW was a great game. Glad after 9 months I'm finaly through it. Now to finish SoF2. I'm at the first exit of the last level so I should be done with that soon also. That game has rocked from the start. I am not all that interested in finishing MoH. That game did not really hold my interest for whatever reasons. So, what are the new, latest, greatest titles. When I was home on break last June there was quite a furor over Morrowind. Any thing else out on the Horizon?

Wow you seem a bit like me.....I install multiple games and never finish any of them, just try to play them all. Then something new comes out that grabs my attention so I uninstall the old ones and put the new ones on. I tried Lord Of the Rings, and found it decent, but uninstalled it after I got stuck and couldn't figure it out.

The movie was awesome so mabe I'll take a look at the game. I got stuck in Turok II on the Nintendo 64 years ago. Never did figure it out.

Mic, your post definately contains the 'link of the day'. Neverwinter nights is being added to my handy notepad list titled 'games I gotta get next'.

Haha I remeber playing those. I played the first one for a bit, and I agree it wasn't that good graphically, but it was pretty funny to play and watch cut scenes.

If you can get a hold of one of those, I'd say it is at least entertaining.

All those are excellent games...

I'm the same way. I usually don't finish games if they don't suck me in. Max Payne definitely did...It really depends how you like your games. Max Payne had an excellent story, IMHO. You either love it or you hate it. Some people thought it was lame, some people thought it was excellent...I tended to look past the storyline (although I thought it was excellent) and concentrate on the gameplay. Which...was nothing short of incredible. PCGamer's Action Game of the Year I believe...If my memory serves :( It won one of them.

Heh, I really liked NOLF too. I didn't finish the 1st one, and I've only played the Ohio teaser level for the 2nd one, but it is very funny...

If you don't want to finish MoH:AA go ahead and mail it to me :D

If you send Max Payne I'll send you MoHAA, although with all the copywrite B.S. its probably illegal to barter.

Hehehehe...I don't have Max Payne. I did, but now I don't...

Also check out Battlefield 1942. Although if you didn't like MoH:AA you might not like it...but if you have broadband, I'd say definitely. Multiplayer is nothing short of fabulously excellent.

Dont forget the best....Unreal Tournament/UT2K3. Cant go rong there. Do you have Warcraft3? Or do you just want story line games? Wc3 has that too, but its not worth your while when BNet is there.

Has anybody tried Iron Storm? I couldn't find anything else I wanted so I thought I'd try it. I was suprised at how good it is. Graphics not that good but not a bad shooter. It's pretty hard though, even on the easy setting.

Medal of honor spearhead expansion pack isnt worth buying unless you are a diehard MOH fan. I sold my copy two days after I got it.

I still like playing Jedi Knight2 with the "saberrealisticcombat 3 mode though! and UT2003 with the xpack mod is fun.

Bedlam, don't forget that Unreal II is coming in the first week of February. Then there is Tron 2.0 (looks so sweet) and, of course, Doom III (do I really need to mention this game?).

If your looking for older games that you might have missed, Might I suggest Alien vs. Predator 2, Alice, and Deus Ex. All of these have excellent stories and awesone gameplay IMHO.

I must admit I feel pretty let down with the latest offering of Single Player games...

WarCraft3 was nice, but I still prefer WarCraft 2...

BF1942, great in multilplayer, a bother in single player! The monsters in Quake (the original) had better AI... And it doesn't matter at all to the story if you fail one map...

I went out and bought Nolf2 due to all the good things people said about it... OK engine, but that's about it...
There are some funny parts, but not enough to warrant the cash I laid down for it...
Another thing that bugs me with it is that it doesn't matter if I sneak around or just run around guns blazing... (Besides the fact that there aren't too many health packs lying around...)

SOF2, Hey, I get to run around killing bad guys in a grey enviroment... (Ok, the jungle was fun, but the city and desert/winter areas?!?)
Though it is fun to snipe :)

NWN, great game! Immersing, but not anything I get really "lost" in... Is getting a bit repetetive after a while... I can't really see finishing it more than twice (one fighter, one mage), if I can bother with more than once....

UT2k3, (only tried Demo) Great fun in MultiPlayer :) Would have been nice if there were something more to it than just the regular fragging though... (A story perhaps?)

Whatever happened to games like X-wing, Tie Figher, C&C, WC2, The Dig, Full Throttle, Day Of the Tentacle, Beneath a steel SKy, Dune 2?

I am sick and tired of clones with (allmost) nothing new added... What happened to creating games that didn't just copy what others had done before, but had some imagination?

Black & White was interesting... It took populus to a new dimension...

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight let you explore the Star Wars universe, and let you play with a lightsaber... But it didn't add much more than that... (But it was/is still fun to play...)

Dungeon Keeper, now there was a new game... A balance between RTS and FPS... And it didn't rely on the "gather lots of <insert mineral/spice here>, create lots of units, attack" formula... (Granted, you needed Gold and food, but it didn't rely solely on that...)

HalfLife, interesting spin on the regular FPS setting...

Red Faction, finally gave FPS' an enviroment where you could blow things up... (Too bad you coul only destroy stone, and not structures too....:()

Tomb Raider was Ok imo... I didn't really like the concept, but it was something new... (Until they started with the endless follow ups....)

Worms was a nice new concept, which was then played to death... <sarcasm>"Cool, I can buy Worms Final Acopolypse 10, and it adds two new weapons and three backdrops! Now that's really worth 50$!"</sarcasm>

Instead of ingenuity, it seems it is more important to chew out a new game every 6-8 months, which doesn't bring anything new to the scene except a bit better graphics...
I can understand this with FIFA, NHL and other sports games, as they add new players with their strengths and weaknesses, but FPS' and RTS'?

I'm not so dumb as to not see that companies does what gives them the largest revenues, but is it really too much to ask for some ingenuity?

Sorry for this long rant, but as you've read I'm really disappointed with the games industry in general and it felt good getting it off my mind :)

admittedly i don't keep as up to date with games as i used to, but yeah these days its just the same old crap over and over again for the most part. i think i stopped playing games for 2 main reasons, 1)that I need more time to spend on more serious computer use, and 2)that there just isn't anything original and new anymore. its all the same BS over and over again.

what needs to happen is for games developers to take a new and fresh look at the very concept of gaming, and come up with something completely new and compelling. that's easier said than done, though.

I bought 1942 and had to return it 'cause it lagged way to much on my machine. So far I havn't really gotten into Max ' melodrama Paine. I'll play through somemore this week.

I kinda passed on Iron Storm but if nothing else comes along I'll probably bite. I think I got the post-RTCW-Grecon-MoHAA-blues. The cure? Unreal 2 I hope.

Also I would love to play unreal tournament 2003 at a lan party or over a small network. I think I may go out and get that one.

new game

i just hate third person games.....or games with AI....good for practicing with bots i guess.......but, that is about it.........i thought max payne was pretty good..........but, ispent the better part of a month looking for a patch that would convert it to first person i arbitrarily saw posted, with no luck......my recommendation is FPS...........so, either go internet and multiplay, or wait for a title like gothic 2, to play role playing games FPS!!!!!!!

me again

and, by the way, battlefield 1942 is the shhhhhht..........not many, if any, games get close to this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back