Findind a host for a website....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

Alright, so i've never really posted a website before, but i've been playing with html and such in my spare time, and i have earthlink as a host. But what do i have to do to actually do to get my page on the WWW, like on google? I know how to use a ftp and all(duh) but i wasn't exactly sure what to do, so i just thought i'd embarres my self, sound like a newb, and beg for HELPPPP!!!!!

Do you mean that you want your site to pop up on search engines such as google?
Um...yeah pretty much. Is there another alternative? like i said, i'm relatively new toactually posting sites...

The only way that I have known how to do this is there are several companies that will do the submissions for you. However it can be kind of pricey. Could probably do a search on google for search engine submissions or something like that and find how to do it.

so, basically, i would just upload my web padge......then how do people find it, day if i was going to upload an informational site, or even a wallpaper site....would i just submit my link to another site? I think really all i trying to say is, if i upload my site, will google index it? and if not, how do other people find it?

They find because you have to do the search engine submission. They will aske you for keywords you want your site to be found under and then they will display your link one you get entries into their databases.

the process

1) first you register your domainname
2) then you find a webhosting solution you like and can live with.

usually, doing these in the reverse order allows you to also do a one-stop-shopping trip
where the webhost will do both for you.

Your webhosting solution needs to:
support the programs/cgi languages you intend to use,
one or more database systems (if you need one)
and usually, a shopping cart system.

If you want to 'play ISP' for yourself, you can load Apache2
on to Windows/XP, add PHP &/or Perl
and use your system as both Client and Server.

Have fun :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back