well...

1. Motherboard - 775 Dual VSTA ASRock
2. Graphic interface - AGP/ PCI-E
3. Memory - 512mb of DDR 2 533mhz
4. CPU - Pentium D 820
5. CPU Speed - 2.8 ghz
6. Power Supply Make/Model - Trust
7. Watt output/Amperage - 370W/ +12V @ 15A

My price range is no more than 100 pounds preferably.

i play games like fear and battlefield 2 and would like to get the best graphics i can for the money :)

and for sites i mainly use www.dabs.co.uk :D thanks

Hmmmmm. I'm a bit concerned about your PSU as 15A @ 12v seems really low. Are you sure it doesn't have dual 12v rails with 15A each? (many have 12v1, 12v2 with 15A each). I have never seen a PSU over 350W with only 15A, but I generally avoid knock-off/no-namers.

That being said, the best bang for the buck card I've found is the new X1650XT. It really has no relation to the other X1600/Pro and X1650 Pro as it has a full 8 pixel pipelines (vs 4) and more shader pipelines. It's a little screamer for budget gaming.

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

I'm unsure if it will work with your motherboard though as it is likely a PCIEx4 or similar but it seems to list most PCI-E cards in their compatibility chart. It's possible you may run into problems with that hybrid board, but with any luck- it will work.

IMO, get the X1650XT and more RAM, coz 512MB of RAM just doesn't cut it nowadays. The card will work with that mobo, no problem. You will need a new PSU for the 7600GT though. Aim for the X1650XT instead, since it will work fine with ur PSU. Otherwise, for the 7600GT, ur current PSU is very inadequate. not to mention a possible danger to your whole system if it's overloaded. That is the exact reason why Sharkfood mentioned avoiding no-name/unknown PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back