Firefox says "cannot find website"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil_ski

Hi all!
I'm having issues with Firefox. (I think) I have a Toshiba Sattelite laptop with XP.
Sometimes when I'm online, and am trying to connect to any old site, It doesn't connect, and it says, "Could not find Google.com" (or other sites).

Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't for the same websites.
I recently downloaded version 1.04, and it still does it.
This started happening after I switched to Firefox.

I've used programs like hijack this,spybot and adaware. I don't know if they had anything to do with it.
I read somewhere that the old attachments like flash etc. could interfere.

I called my email provider, (Arczip). They had me go through a bunch of settings, but it still does it.
Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks a lot!
Neil

Are you using firewall software like Zone Alarm or something similar? I know that the default settings on Zone Alarm wouldn't allow me to view practically any site through FireFox and I kept getting the same message myself.

I had the same problem when using the OutPost firewall. Removed it, DL'd Sygate. Problem fixed.

Kersman said:
Are you using firewall software like Zone Alarm or something similar? I know that the default settings on Zone Alarm wouldn't allow me to view practically any site through FireFox and I kept getting the same message myself.

Yea I actually started using Zone Alarm at about the same time. What settings should I use so I can get it working right?

Double click Zone Alarm in the system tray. Select Program Control and find the Firefox entry. Click Internet and Allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back