firewall warns about setup bootstrapper,whar is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwa

hi,

i have winxp pro as my os with win98 as my dual boot.

i have zonealarm as my firewall.

i am trying to install office xp but my firewall says,

"MICROSOFT OFFICE SETUP BOOTSTRAPPER IS TRYING TO LAUNCH"--suspicious behaviour.

what is it? shall i go ahead with the installation?
is it some kinda malacious program that straps ur boot sector? i mean corrupt ur boot sector,unable booting?

what is it?

pls advice.

tnx.

tnx hopkinso

hey tnx for that link...makes sense....got some same replies from other forum 2...

n hey m still chking out for that temp.htt reply of urs...

that avg antiroot kit says sys is safe,nothing found....

dats a gr8t free software...

actually b4 reformatting i took my hard disk to frns house n he has maccafee as his anti virus,

n while writing cd it keeps on poping out window saying "trojan or something like that temp.htt found n removed, its generic malacious blahblah thinggy"

but now after reformatting i dont have any of temp.htt..

just wanted to know if temp.htt or folder.htt is some kinda malacious program or not so posted that query...cuz maccaffee recognises it as an trojan/virus

tnx again,still tryiing out ur 14 step security kit :) man! so many steps! i need to take one by one..just stepping at slow pace. click!

The temp.htt is probably the WORM_NYXEM.E. Reformatting your hard drive will have gotten rid of any nasties that may have been on your system.

Please try and use proper grammar from now on. It will make your posts far easier to read and understand. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back