First OC (Core 2 Duo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Well, my first OC. It is the highest my motherboard would allow. I will be getting a new motherboard when I have the money, the people who helped me build my PC, you can say 'I told ya so' now, because the highest is 333FSB :(. Another bad thing is, I have the best air cooler in the market (Besided TEC)well at least the best until the new infinitys come out, and also the best IMO. Without further ado, I have broken 25 Seconds on 1M PI Run. I will break 20 when I get my new motherboard.

Still not a bad oc for air cooling. I don't think even if your mobo could support higher that it would such a good idea to do so on air. Was it running stable at that 2.3?

Its stock cooling, and yes its stable. I will get 3+Ghz on air, when I get my new motherboard, this cooler is a beast, and Core 2's OC like mad. People get stable 3Ghz on stock cooler, and im using a HUGE aluminum copper core 12 heatpipe cooler.

Its stock cooling

im using a HUGE aluminum copper core 12 heatpipe cooler.

^^^thats stock cooling? Stock and air cooling are the same.

I will get 3+Ghz on air, when I get my new motherboard, this cooler is a beast, and Core 2's OC like mad.

What is the point? Your comp will probably never use the full potential the e6300 has when its not oc..ocing that high is just needlessly putting your cpu at risk.

LOL Stock and Air cooling are far from the same. And I can almost guarantee, that if I can get to 3Ghz on LESS than stock voltage, with lower temps due to a good cooler, it will last longer than I need it to. And I probably wont run it OC'ed, just for show :D

Concidering that 100% of stock cooling is air cooling, the yes, they are the same. Show me one cpu that comes stock with anything else then a hsf. If you can find a cpu that comes stock with a watercooling system, a peltier, a regrigerator unit, or cup of liquid nitrogen, then you right, stock cooling isn't air cooling.

He means that you can buy OTHER forms of air cooling. Newegg.com currently has 302 CPU air cooling products, none of which are stock. Take a look HERE

MetalX You just had to beat me out at 90Mhz more lol. You would get better speeds at 333 FSB, because then your memory would be at a 1:1 Ratio, assuming your running at 667.

twite said:
Still not a bad oc for air cooling. I don't think even if your mobo could support higher that it would such a good idea to do so on air. Was it running stable at that 2.3?
If by air you truly mean..... air, then I must say, air is quite good. The guy who broke the 10 second super-pi barrier overclocked his E6800 to 5.4GHz on air cooling.... (I'm not too sure about the .4 part, but I'm sure it was over 5GHz).

thermoelectric coolers have to be cooled though, and if your cooling them with a hsf, then its pointless, because the peltier produces more heat then cold, and then it hsf fan heats up, and the temp goes to about stock temps. If you use thermoelectric, the only good way to cool is in conjunction with a water cooling system, were the cpu waterblock is cooling the heated side of the peltier

F1N3ST said:
MetalX You just had to beat me out at 90Mhz more lol. You would get better speeds at 333 FSB, because then your memory would be at a 1:1 Ratio, assuming your running at 667.
Well, like you said, I just had to beat you by that 90MHz :p, Oh and my memory IS at 1:1. It's overclocked just a bit to 685MHz :p

So by saying I would be faster at 333FSB, is that what you REALLY think or is it just because you don't want me beating you by a HUGE 90MHz? :) lol jk man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back