First Time Builder With No Power Up, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eedarf

:(

I'm trying, for the first time, to build my own computer. Foolishly enough, I've invested heavily into the parts for it. Components include:

A8N32-SLI Motherboard
AMD 4800+ Dual Core Processor
GeForce 7900 Video Card
2GB Corsair Ram
400w ATX 12v Power Supply

I've assembled the parts as closely as possible to how they should logically go. I have an SATA 500GB HDD and an IEEE? CD-RW/DVD drive. When I remove the cord from the powersupply and wait, I can hear it discharge, but at no time can I get the computer to turn on. No LEDs light, nothing even sounds. I took great efforts to avoid static discharge, even to the point of assembling in my birthday suit (No, Seriously... :) ).

The Powersupply connectors are assembled as so:
The 19 pin connector is not used.
A line runs to the SATA HDD then to the CD-RW/DVD Drive
A line runs to one half of the converter pair that connects to the video card, then onto another converter that connects to an unidentified front panel feature. It also breaks away to power the rear fan.
A line runs to the EZ Source? ( I believe that's what it's called ) supply to the motherboard then onto the second converter for the Videocard.
The 4 pin connector is attached to the Motherboard.

I want to believe the problem lies in the way I've connected the Front Panel power switches... The one labeled for the Power on is twisted Orange and White, however the male connector labeled for it on the motherboard is Lime.

Someone please help... I hate to think that I've invested all of this for nothing, or that I need to pay someone to assemble my computer for me...

I feel like a big *****. Though there's a new problem...

That there 19 pin connector, turns out, it actually needs to be connected. However, unfortunately, now there's no signal to my monitor... Someone, please offer advice. I'm a big retard.

Still... Every action I make just reinforces the popular belief in my own stupidity.

I didn't have a video signal because I turned the computer on without the cable connected. Apparently, the cable from the monitor needs to be connected BEFORE the boot. I'm so embarrassed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back