Fixed sound/ now computer freezes IBM Netvista 6830

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez6

Hello,
I downloaded the drivers from IBM site for IBM Netvista 6830 to fix the sound (but no cd sound) but now the computer wants to hang up or freeze all the time. When I run Everest it said that my sound card wasINtel 82801BA- ICH2 AC'97 Audio Controller, but when I downloaded the driver they came up as Sound Max Intergrated Digital Audio. Is this correct?What do I need to do?
Thanks for any help,
lee

Thanks for the info on the correct driver. I just went to the update and link and checked.
I have all the updates (minus all the language menu updates).

Where do I go from here?

oops double post
Thanks for the info on the correct driver. I just went to the update and link and checked.
I have all the updates (minus all the language menu updates).

Where do I go from here?

ADI, so I probably should down load the correct drivers first before the firmware?
Do you know, Are the ADI'ss at IBM also?

I don't know what I did wrong, but now my volume icon is gone replaced by a blu box with an "arrow" in it. My playback and recording devices are gone under Multimedia Tab.

Here is what I get when I run Everest:
PCI / PnP Audio ]------------

Intel 82801BA ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1] PCI

which version of win98 is it SE / ME / or neither

We need to update your chipset because its intel you have to update the chipset drivers before installing the new audio drivers

I thought I had SE but when I looked under Microsoft Windows Information this is what it tells me
Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
But
Everest reports
Operating System Microsoft Windows 98 SE

# Click Start -> Find -> Files and folders.
# Type qi6z16us.exe in the search box, then click Find Now

does this file already exist on your computer

Yes, I had downloaded when I was trying to find the correct driver. But I don't think I ended up using it for some reason

# Double-click the icon for qi6z16us.exe.
# Click Next.
# Click I Agree.
# Click Finish.
# Click Yes.
# Click OK. Follow the onscreen prompts and choose to reboot at the end of installation.

nstalls Plug and Play INF support for Intel chipset components

Not sure. On the front only thing I find is Compact Disc Recordable rewritable
I find this in Everest under
Field Value
Hardware ID TEAC____CD-W58E_________7, GenCD, SCSI\TEAC____CD-W58E_________7

I can't seem to find how to download. When I click download it just takes me to another page but no downloa, when I try to "add to basket" it taakes me to a basket page, but it is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back