Flash Drive; Freezing Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mask

Before my compute freezes again, I want to ask for advice from you guys :(

I recently bought a new Flash drive for transferring files, a Super Talent 1GB Flash Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609195
I finally opened it up, and plugged it into my computer. The second it plugged it in though, my computer suddenly froze! No responses from the keyboard, mouse, or anything else I tried.

This happened twice now. Any idea what could be causing it? it's so new, I opened it up and put it right in.. weird right?

Everything is updated. Maybe I should explain a little bit:

I recently bought and installed a new case. When I installed the front USB ports onto the mobo, I originally installed them backwards (negative to positive, postive to negative). This was because I've never done it before.

One destroyed USB flash drive later... T_T
everything's working again, the USB drives work with other devices. When I plug in my new USB flash drive to those ports, my computer freezes.
THe other USB ports work fine.

Any ideas? Everything's up to date and the drivers work fine.

No, it doesn't even freeze when I plug it into the back ports (directly to the mobo). only the ports on the front of the case seem to do that...

weird right?

what about removing the front USB ports from the computer (get the case off and actually remove the USB device) and boot the computer up and see if it goes through all its stuff OK, and then re-insert the USB device into the mobo and see if that solves the prob.

Tom Mask said:
No, it doesn't even freeze when I plug it into the back ports (directly to the mobo). only the ports on the front of the case seem to do that...

weird right?

no that is not weird, all that says is u have screwed something up. use the back ports.

Well, hey! I plugged everything in correctly! :( don't get all snippy with me because my case is acting funky...

I'm just sticking with the backports for now; it only happens with that one flash drive anyway..

Thanx anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back