Flash Drive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble with a Gateway 256mb flash/thumb drive. I can open the drive and open the files within, but I am unable to delete them. A friend used it aand may have pulled it from the USb port before everything closed. I have tried to re-format the drive, rename the files, move the files. Can anyone think or help me with any other suggestions. I can care less about the files but would like to use the drive again. Anything is appreciated.

in the usb drive .. try making a right click , and opening the properties .. or either chexk the files .. if any are write protected or .. it can be just some stupid error when you trying to delete the files.. does an error come up? what does it say?.. that would really help..

Almost all flash drives have switches on them to toggle write protection. Are you sure you have set it to write-enable?

I have also had a flash stick go bad and stay read only no matter how you set the switch.

I'm not sure about this, but any media should have a partition on it. You might try to remove and repartition the device...? I would also contact the manufacturer for additional information or to RMA the device.
Bug

Some of these write-protect-switches are so small, you almost need a magnifying glass to see them.
Unlucky manipulation may have just caused it to protect itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back