Flash drive issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a 256mb Kingston Data Traveler 2+ to transfer files between work computers & although it works fine & hasn't missed a beat it does have one annoying issue. When i'm saving a file from Corel (or other graphics programs) i can insert the flash drive into the front (or back) USB slots & the computer recognises it fine but when i go to save a file to it the drive doesn't show up in the menu but if i close the menu & re-open it, there it is. It only shows up on the second attempt to save & this is the same with all 3 computers that i'm using. I'm running XP Pro with all 3 so i'm wondering if this is the problem.

Any help?

Matt

insert the flash drive and then access it using My Computer BEFORE launching
any application(s).

that does work Jobeard but doesn't really solve the problem as once the flash drive is removed i have to do that over again once i re-insert it which adds to the issue of streamlining. I just thought the whole USB 2.0 thing was to make things just that much easier but now i have to repeat a process to access it.

Once i insert the flash drive the computer recognises it by asking which action i want to perform and yet it takes me 2 attempts to save files to it, strange - i think.

Matt

understand, but the list of devices is given to the application when it
launches, which is why premounting it works.

I just adapted myself to the process and moved on with the task at hand. :)

I can understand that 'just moving on' & put up with it works Jobeard but if you had to do it dozens of times a day it does become a tad annoying & seeing that it doesn't do it on my system at home which is identical, one would say that the problem lies within my computer at work, I just thought it would be a simple fix that's all. Maybe I might have to look at networking the comps at work.

Matt

biosbro said:
I can understand that 'just moving on' & put up with it works Jobeard but if you had to do it dozens of times a day it does become a tad annoying
Sure! can't you leave the device mounted for more than
just one task to reduce the pain?

I just thought it would be a simple fix that's all.
Every problem SHOULD have a simple fix -- sadly it doesn't always workout that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back