Flash drive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 256MB kingmax flash drive. When I inserted my flash drive in to my notebook computer, it was detected and ready for use. But, when i inserted it to my desktop computer (pentium IV, mainboard Intel), it was detected and show message "but i can't access it, and appeared a error "USB device not recognized". On the device manager, it's listed on Unknown device. My notebook computer has USB 1.1 ,desktop computer has USB 2.0. Then I disable a Universal Serial bus controllers "Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced host controller - 24CD" on Device manager, and my flash drive works fine. I don't know why, anybody please help me!

Did you restart the PC ?

Some PCs don`t recognize some USB flash drives automatically.

You just have to install/reinstall/restart manually.At least that`s my experience.

do you have service pack 2? Are you running XP?
The drivers for your flash drive probably aren't recognized.

My flash drive uses USB 2.0, winxp SP2 isn't a problem. I thinks the problem's USB 2.0 on device manager, when i disable USB 2.0 port, my flash drive works fine.

maybe u need to restart ur pc before u can use it as peddant had said. and also if ur using win98 u need to install the driver first before using it

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back