Flash Drive transformed...HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, yesterday the computer i ws using my flash drive on crashed. The computer would not boot up for some time after the fact. Later I tried to use myy flash drive on another computer only to find that somehow it now looks like a disk drive. If I click on the explorer label I am told to insert a disk into the flash drive. It used to call the drive by its brand now it just says removable drive. I cannot format it with windows cause like a floppy drive there is no memory. So now I have a 2 gb flash drive with no memory and wants a disk inserted into it. Ive tried to format it under disk managment in the control panel but thats no good cause you dont get a format option on disk drives unless there is a data disk loaded into it. I would take it back but im kinda stuck, deployed to the middle a Bagdad right now. not to many Best Buys around here.

I seen others with this prob and they right clicked the device in explorer and did a format. They also tried changing the drive letter name, but I would try a format on the flash drive. I noticed you said you can't format, you should be able to though. Let me know what happens.

Yeah, i've tried that about 2 million times just to see if something will change. The problem is that for what ever reason the flash drive is projecting itself as a floppy or optical drive. The only thing you can format in these drive is the disk that is being used on them. The Drives themselve donot have any memory. Ive tried windows format, HP format, administrative format, even DOS cannot format it. I think the thing is fried myself. But before i throw away a 2gb flash drive i wanna make sure that i cannot fix it.
thanx.
let me know if you get anymore ideas. Ive tried all my feble mind can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back