Flash .swf to avi converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay so I have several really awesome flash videos that I would love to put on my iPod and PSP, however I can't get them into an .avi file that's a decent quality...
I can't find a program (I don't care if it costs me money, it's worth it, but I'd LIKE it to be free...) that will convert a flash (.swf) to .avi.

Maybe a screen capture program? If I could get a screen capture program that was application specific, that'd work too. I could tell it to capture firefox's stuff or what ever and then crop it using Adobe Premier Pro if necessary...

I haven't found much by searching, and a lot of the programs I found cost money and I don't wanna spend money on them if it's not gonna work like I want it to... so I thought I'd ask everyone here.

Hi there

take a look at http://camstudio.org/ its entirely free.

It basically just records your screen and can be exported into either .swf or .avi.

You can also set just a fixed region on your screen that you want to record.

Regards

try ImToo video converter it can convert a lot of video format, search for it, it can be downloaded but it is a shareware

grimesy69 said:
Hi there

take a look at http://camstudio.org/ its entirely free.

It basically just records your screen and can be exported into either .swf or .avi.

You can also set just a fixed region on your screen that you want to record.

Regards
Any way I can get the lossless codec thing to install in vista?

I've already used ImToo FLV Converter and ImToo 3GP converter to convert my download videos so i can transfer video from my pc to my nokia cellphone. I think you can find a shareware copy it from imtoo.com, hope it helps.

I can advice you to use Flash To Video Encoder Pro.
I've tried a lot of convertors but this is better than others....
it isn't free but has trial without time limit, size limit & feature limit.. so you can download it on topshareware.com right now,,,

swf >> avi Converter 1.0.2027 could be worth a look. Havnt used it myself though so I dont know for sure.

I use www.pspiso.com for all of my psp needs. It's a forum and they have discussion boards and apps for psp and all that good stuff. I'm sure you can find a solution there.
Also, they have a forum for iphone (www.iphoneisos.com. I've never used that one because I dont have an iphone, but its by the same folks so it would have same things basically but for iphone.
Goodluck :)

Just try Flash to Video Converter, its simple name makes me download,,
And, the operation is so simple too, my young sister could do a fine job with it. Unbelievable :haha:

Okay so I have several really awesome flash videos that I would love to put on my iPod and PSP, however I can't get them into an .avi file that's a decent quality...
I can't find a program (I don't care if it costs me money, it's worth it, but I'd LIKE it to be free...) that will convert a flash (.swf) to .avi.

Maybe a screen capture program? If I could get a screen capture program that was application specific, that'd work too. I could tell it to capture firefox's stuff or what ever and then crop it using Adobe Premier Pro if necessary...

I haven't found much by searching, and a lot of the programs I found cost money and I don't wanna spend money on them if it's not gonna work like I want it to... so I thought I'd ask everyone here.

What I am now using is this program: Aunsoft SWF Converter.

It is used to convert swf files/flash movies to many other video and audio formats, such as MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG, AVI, 3GP, DV, VOB, MP3, AC3, etc. It also can convert SWF to AVI with Alpha which can be edited in Adobe Premiere.
Before converting, you can choose the profile just according to the specific device such as iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, etc. to get the right format.
However, it's a bit expencive.

What I am using is this program: Aunsoft SWF Converter.
It is used to convert swf files/flash movies to many other video and audio formats, such as MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG, AVI, 3GP, DV, VOB, MP3, AC3, etc. It also can convert SWF to AVI with Alpha which can be edited in Adobe Premiere.
Before converting, you can choose the profile just according to the specific device such as iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, etc. to get the right format.
However, it's a bit expensive.

don't choose that free one ! i have tried several free converters, but none of them makes me feel satisfied. i can't bear the bad quality loss and the high memory usage. Conversions have alway been interrupted by unknown error :mad:. In fact, paying for a converter with good quality and service is also a smart choice.

But you should conscientiously choose a right software to pay, not the expensive one. some expensive softwares don't worth the high price.

If you have no idea about choosing a good conversion program, you can follow my choice, i'm using iwisoft swf to video converter which has excellent quality and reasonable price. you can have a try:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]swfconverter.biz/swf-to-avi.html[/COLOR]

I know a good flash to video converter, but it's not freeware. However, I guess, 50$ isn't too pricy for a program of high quality, so if you still need this, have a look at Video to Flash Encoder by GeoVid (www geovid com).

Sorry, I've just noticed, the thread is old... sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back