Flight Sim X: black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a video card problem already? I've already updated the drivers on my nvid 5500. Is the card the problem?

Here is the issue:
The game runs fine, I can choose my aircraft, and the white loading box tells me its loading textures, weather, terrain: But nothing ever shows up. There is a white box that says "Loading complete" with a black screen behind it. I can hear the planes engine running in the background, it responds to controls... just can't see anything.

Did you have problems after you installed the new driver? If so unistall it and re-install the old one. Just because its an update doesn't mean its a good one. At least sometimes

I installed the new driver because I thought it would fix the problem. Installing the new one hasn't changed anything. Do you still think I should roll it back?

Sound like a video card issue

If you have another one to test with then I would do that, just to see if its your video card.
Is this only happening with your games or with anything that you do on your system

Flight simx

I have installed this game with the following components.

512 video card{ATI}
1.5 gig ram

All runs well,even if it is slack on the FPS. The only lock up I have is with the Mission of the test 747 in the desert. It was fine until the 3rd time I flew that mission then it started locking up. If you loose the voice commands during departure,and just before V1 then yoiu will have a problem. I un-installed it then re-installed,and same result. There are some bugs in this program,and a patch should take care of most. This is what happens when you are the first ones.

TTK

drivers

I assume that you deleted the original drivers before you installed the new ones. If not,then you should do that. Video drivers are sometimes a bit tough to delete.
TK

Go to this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com

If you get Recommended then the game is buggy like Tk000329 said

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back