'Folder options' option on toolbar not appearin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.I have this problem,its kinda silly but help me out anyway.The thing is am using Xp home edition service pack 2.When u open a folder and go to the toolbar,tools.......there is suppost 2 be a folder options option in the menu tht appears there but i cant c it.It jus vanished a couple of days ago.Now I cant see my hidden files coz I cant access thev view hidden files option.Wat do i do?

The ever helpful Kelly`s Korner has a fix - Line 129 HERE

For the technically minded -

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoFolderOptions"=dword:0000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions]
"NoBrowserOptions"=dword:00000000

hey guys.I tried the bootin in2 safe mode method&it didnt work.I jus updated my antivirus and disabled system restore on all drives then did a scan on all the drives...& walla!!It seems some pretty mean trojans were eatin up my pc,the 'folder options' option jus reappeared.Thnx 4 ure suggestions.

Glad your problem is fixed, to stop these problems reoccuring use some sort of internet security. Also run virus and spyware scans regularly. Download spybot S&D which has "teatimer" in it, this is a program that runs in the taskbar and blocks spyware etc. I cannot say this enough: KEEP YOUR ANTI VIRUS UP TO DATE. 90% of viruses and trojans that infect computers are newly developped, so even if you have a $200 virus scan, 90% of the time it won't work unless you update.

Hope everything goes OK.

Regards,

Korrupt

whitemause said:
hey guys.I tried the bootin in2 safe mode method&it didnt work.I jus updated my antivirus and disabled system restore on all drives then did a scan on all the drives...& walla!!It seems some pretty mean trojans were eatin up my pc,the 'folder options' option jus reappeared.Thnx 4 ure suggestions.

In that case, I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Then, post a fresh HJT log into this thread. I`ll then take a look and tell you if your system is clean or not.

I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

I`ve just deleted your post in this thread HERE. That`s because the thread is currently in use. You should`ve posted you question in this thread.

whitemause said:
hey guys.am also new at this so bare with me.av jus been readin this interestin thread bout postin ure HJT's and I have a question.Can u use this antispyware softwares & trojan hunters while u have an antivirus already installed.Am askin coz I know u cant have 2 antiviruses installed at the same time....so how does this work.Any help will b greatly appreciated.

In answer to your question, yes it`s perfectly safe to run the tools and programmes in addition to your antivirus programme.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back