Followed the advice, need a set of eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys/girls, great site and thanks for the help. I recently found a SmitFraud variation on my PC, researched it and follow the your excellent direction to clean my PC. I was amazed at the junk that this process found.
I have attached my HJT, AVG antispyware, and Combofix files in hopes that you will review and give me your opinion.

AVG Antirootkit came up negative.

Please let me now what you think, thanks for your time.

Art

Attachments

• Report-Scan-20070621-081652.txt
    46.8 KB · Views: 5
Your AVG is not configured properly; it scaned correctly, but "took no action"

Hi,

jobeard is right: your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.
I require you to run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE.

Also, you have not posted the combofix log. Please do so in your next reply.

Meanwhile, have hijackthis fix these entries:

O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of vossman only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry. Will run the scan tonight and post tomorrow. Here is the combofix file though.

New issue is that my CD Drive will not recognize an unformatted disk in the drive nor will it let me drag/drop to an already formatted disk. I can view/read file OK if I put in a regular CD-ROM.

Moderator Edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, attach the .log or .txt files in your replies as attachments.

I tried to attach the combofix last night but i kept getting an error. Here is AVG log and combofix log.
Thanks for tolerating my errors and helping me.

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

You may also delete the C:\VundoFix Backups folder and its contents.

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Regarding you CD Drive problem, I doubt it is malware related. Is there any other specific details about this issue that you may provide us with?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of vossman only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your time, knowledge and patience with me. I will try to figure out what is with the CD writer and let you know.

Art

In Device manager, uninstall the cd driver, then uninstall the cd, then PROMPTLY shutdown and physically disconnect the cd power and data lines, then reboot, shutdown again, and reconnect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back