Font trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My wife's computer (running 2000) decided to display certain things in italics, for no known reason of course. For example, in the Help files and in descriptive texts of some programs, a good deal of the text is in italics. Also, when commands from a multi-functional keyboard are displayed on the screen, e.g. Mute On or Mute Off, that text too is displayed in italics. How can I rectify this annoyance? A registry setting, maybe, that I'd likely never find on my own?

This is usually caused by the roman part of the font being missing and Windows replacing it with the closest match.

Just in case, check Windows font substitution values and Internet Settings for italic fonts, although it's very unlikely you find the problem there.

Experiment with Word (or something similar) to find out which font exactly is being displayed incorrectly. When you have pinpointed the culprit, reinstall the font from WIndows CD or wherever did you get the font from.

You should also run a virus check, since font files do not corrupt themselves, something or somebody must have messed with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back