For anyone that knows TV specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a TV hoping to fit the PS3 perfectly and use all of the playstation's graphics to max.

I bought a 56" DLP(DLP because it can keep up the resolution faster) Full HD 1080p. 1080p signal compatible via HDMI. The connections are : 2 HDMI inputs (High Definition Multimedia Interface), 2-component video inputs (480i/480p/720p/1080i), 2 A/V composite inputs and 2 S-video inputs, USB 1.1, PC (RGB) input

My main question is the 2 component video inputs say that they are 1080i compatibale. What is the difference between 1080p from the 1080i when it comes to HDMI?

And my other question... The TV is HD Ready. I've researched and came with the conclusion that this should only effect me if I am looking to watch TV on it. Otherwise HD Ready shouldln't be a problem if I am just playing PS3 on it. If I am wrong please correct me.

Please help me out!

I dont think there is a major diffrent between 1080p/i and yes your PS3 should be good on it and if you plan on watching TV it should be good aswell

Since the ps3 can output up to 1080p wouldn't that mean my 1080i video input really be 780p? Or would you see a difference at all?

Hello! PS3 can output 1080p which is much better than 1080i, to ensure the best HD image quality you have to get it through the HDMI input on your TV, as far as I know is the only way to get true full HD at 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back