Force copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

hi all
i have backedup some data on a dvd, iv done this 3 times, but when i goto copy the information back to my machine it just keeps coming up 'cylic redundancy check" is there any way i can force it, with a program that will force copy the data? its just one particula file, everytime.

any ideas?
thanx in advance

CRC errors generally mean that the burn is not good and the data cannot be read. Have you tried verifying the data as part of the burning process? NERO will do this.

Make sure the filename and path are not to long. Sometimes a long name/path can cause issues.
Second, when you go to burn the file, make sure it isn't in use, maybe that screws up the process.
Third, you might try to ZIP or RAR the file first before burning it, maybe that will help.
Fourth, you can use a program such as Bad Copy Pro (http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/) to force-read what it can. But for most file types, a non-complete file will just give you garbage. But for some files like text files, word and so on, an incomplete file will still yield some data. I'm not sure if BCP free trial will let you save or not, but you can try it and see what it gets you.

And lastly, try burning at a slower speed, just cut it down a notch or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back