format

Status
Not open for further replies.

imax2000

hi i have one question,

sometimes we format our pc but we dont loose our drivers ( graphic card, audio card etc...)

but sometimes, when we format the pc we loose them and we need to search for them again.

is there a way not loosing them?

Not if you do a true format.
However, there are ways to put all the drivers on disc, and slipstream them (so to speak) so they are easily re-installed.
a good technician could put together a driver package on one disc that would do everything you need.
However, I would take a good strong look at what you find you have to re-format the drives. That is rarely, if ever, needed if you are managing your computers appropriately...
Only computers with Windows Me and Windows NT 3.5 require an annual reformat.

hi

i ve just lost my drivers, but can i get them from my pc now? do u know where in pc i could take them ?

We would need to know the brand and model of your computer, or the part number of your motherboard. We will also need to know what other components you use, such as video graphics, sound, modem, and ethernet connections.

If you do not know everything, you can download the free Belarc Advisor, or the Free Everest, or the free CPU-Z/Cpuid, or go to start->run, then type in CMD <enter>, the type in dxdiag, then send us the results.

We will do our best to help you, once we have that knowledge.

hi

raybay said:
We would need to know the brand and model of your computer, or the part number of your motherboard. We will also need to know what other components you use, such as video graphics, sound, modem, and ethernet connections.

If you do not know everything, you can download the free Belarc Advisor, or the Free Everest, or the free CPU-Z/Cpuid, or go to start->run, then type in CMD <enter>, the type in dxdiag, then send us the results.

We will do our best to help you, once we have that knowledge.

ok graphic card is : intel(R) 82865g graphic controller
sound card : realtek AC97 audio
network card: broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet

ok

well all u said was u have on board video and sound. which told nothing needed. follow the instructions.

You haven't posted brand and model, or the part number of the motherboard, as requested.
You describe an extremely common system setup. Drivers are extremely common and available on probably 87 sites.
Most users of such components receive a disc with the computer that performs all these driver tasks, by automatic install.
Otherwise, we need to help you setup such a disk.

hi

thx mate for trying to help.

my pc works well now and what i was asking about is , why sometimes when we format our pcs we loose the drivers? but sometimes not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back