Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhivago

I Have A Packard Bell And Have Just Had To Reformat The Hard Drive
Before I Started I Pressed F12 To Bring Up Boot Sequance To Change To Boot From Cd Rom Now I Have Reinstalled Windows F12 Wont Work To Bring Up Boot To Change To Hard Drive Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction Thankyou

I would think you could just go into bios (F2 on boot maybe) and change it there. Without specific PB model etc it's not definite.

Does it give you an error message if you don't press F12?
Are you able to boot into Windows without hitting F12?

Is that one of those weird laptops with the F key to enable different functions?

Does it have a model and type or do you want us just to guess at stuff?

:)

Formating

When You Switch On It Dose Not Go On To Windows But On To A Screen Which Ask Whitch O/s Do You Want To Connect One Dose Nthing And The Other Take You To Windows Start Up Then Every Thing Ok
How Do I Get To Just Going Right On To Windows Without This First Screen Coming Up

It sounds like you need to edit your boot.ini but I wouldn't suggest that if your not used to the process as it can cripple your system.

BUT you can do it if you want. Go to start >> run. Type msconfig. Go to the boot.ini tab and look for a timeout box. Change that to 0.

or you could also try to delete the entry that doesn't work. Once again, if it's as little as choosing the correct one and it still works, I would just leave it since you can prevent your computer from booting but making a simple typo.

did as you said but timeout would only let me set to 3 seconds but this works
as it goes on to windows after 3 seconds thankyou very much for your help
and everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back