Former SBC 2wire modem to use with Comcast???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have SBC DSL and it came with a 2wire modem. I now have Comcast and want to use the 2wire modem with it the Comcast high speed, but the 2wire modem seems to be hardwired to be used with "SBC DSL" only. Is there any way to use the 2wire modem with comcast high-speed internet setup?

2wire is the brand of modem that originally came with my SBC setup. I suppose I need new drivers to use it as wireless router within my home, but there website doesn't offer much. Whenever I connect the Comcast integrated voip/internet unit to the wireless router, my laptop picks up the 2wire signal but does not allow me to browse the internet. Furthermore, how do I go about installing DOCSIS 2.0? It sounds like what I need. I am basically being cheap and trying to save $$$ by by not buying a new wireless router. I hope I am communicating my problem effectively.

Whenever I connect the Comcast integrated voip/internet unit to the wireless router,
Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but you need a cable modem.

If you're plugging this in via a phone jack through your VoIP equipment, it will not work. You cannot get a 'DSL' signal through cable.

comcast hides the deals you can or may be able to stop service if it has not gone through and get the specials sometimes they come with free modem
or a store walk in rebate buy the modem with a service and get full rebate for modem
I cancelled my first comcast because I caught this issue with them
then got the internet deal with 3 free months and a free modem with rebate offer
how cheap am I
i fought with ebay for 1 hour to save 40 cents it was the principal of the thing

ding ding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back