Forum Question.

olefarte

I may be crazy, well close to it anyway, but, it seems to me that I used to click on a thread and when the new window would open, it would be at or near the last post I had read. Now it opens at the top of the page and I have to scroll all the way down every time. Hope I explained that right. Has something changed or have I done something on my end, or am I nuts and it's always been this way.

There is an option "go to first unread post".. This is probably what you remember.

But I've never went to the "first unread post" as soon as the thread opens.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I hardly ever use that. It just seems like it used to go to the first unread post automatically. Guess I'm nuts.

The way I remember, also, if a thread had, maybe three pages, you would automatically go to the third page if you had been that far before.

By the way ---agissi---, I don't like being called names. HeHe.
Yeah, I see how you spelled my name. I used to tell everybody that was the French spelling, but my wife won't let me speak "French" anymore.

Are you sure you just didn't click on the first unread button (
firstnew.gif
) instead of the link?

As I can't remember the forum ever behaving the way you describe when you don't click on the first unread post button...

I think olefarte is referring to the links posted in the frontpage, those are the only ones that have been changed lately.

He is right, until about a week ago these links would default to the last post however I changed that considering these frontpage links may appeal to new users mostly, I thought it would be easier for them to catch up if they can read threads from beginning to end and not the other way around.

Since I'm here so much it's easier for me the way it was, but I can live with it this way. You are right it might be easier to read the whole thread the way it is now.

Back