FOX News Producer Resigns. Says Due to Middle East Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check THIS video out. It starts off in Dutch for about 30 seconds or less and the rest is in english.

Let's keep American "political party allegiance" slurs out of the thread before they even start rearing their ugly heads, yes?

Please discuss the topic at hand, not one of your own choosing - people can start their own threads for their own subjects if they think that their subject is acceptable material at Techspot.

the whole subject struck me as another foreign anti-american statement.
I'm sick of it and this topic really doesn't make techspot friendly to people, to include myself.

As the old maxim states: "Politics and religion a friend doth not make."

It's an American site, about an american journalist, who resigned from an american news corp. How can that possibly be anti-american?

It's merely a story like any other in America, and to be honest, does have an element of truth to it. All major news media is biased in one way or another, and it's no secret that politicians all over the world seek the allegiance of the media for this very reason. It really wouldn't have made any difference if it was a scandal about childrens diapers, or if it were about a scandal involving a major corporation such as MS.

No country is perfect all the time, not even the USA.

LOL!

I was just trying to give an absurd example to balance out the MS one. Not in my wildest dreams did I think that there was actually a page out there on the subject! Nice find KC! :haha:

who didn't know FOX is full of it..
I don't really care for CNN either, but I know they told more truth than lies compared to FOX in the last "squabble" in the Middle East.

I'm glad to see someone has some gazoongas to stand up to Corporate America, and American capitalism, the mind games they try to play on us THROUGH THE MEDIA ...and on and on and on.. But enough of my rant..

Standing up to corporate america usually translates as out of work,as is the case here. As to gazongas,(whatever they are (LOL))the poor man might have been asked to resign and his comments may have been a parting shot and not altruism! I trust Fox News will continue the search for WMD in the poor man's absense. (LOL, seems I unable to stop)

Wow, this is heated! I tend to get this way when talking about politics, especially when I am debating a far-left liberal, or a far-right conservitive. I try to stay balanced out. You should see the talk in Massachusetts right now over the Governer's Elections, between Duvall Patrick (democrat), and Kerry Healey (republican).

Couldn't agree with you more Shizat.. Fox is the most bi est new station there is. I'm glad Clinton told them whats up. If you want true news, watch the colbert report.

Count to ten and pull the handle!

cfitzarl said:
Wow, this is heated! I tend to get this way when talking about politics, especially when I am debating a far-left liberal, or a far-right conservitive. I try to stay balanced out. You should see the talk in Massachusetts right now over the Governer's Elections, between Duvall Patrick (democrat), and Kerry Healey (republican).
The truth is, (aside from my flippancy) that when a good man, of good intent, and good conscience, leaves a position of importance, we all lose due to the absense of his influence. All the news tells us is he (or she) left because of "differences" of opinion. Consider the depth and breadth of the unknown back story that led up to this cataclysm. The trite "irreconcileable differences" divorce sound byte. To offer an example of another great loss we suffered in this manner I would say it was the resignation of Colin Powell as secretary of state. Think about the "We must invade Iraq to get rid of Saddam hussein and his weapons of mass destruction" speech he was surely forced to give at the UN. Explain to me how we are better of with Condaleeza Rice as secretary of state. I imagine that Mr. Powell could no longer shout "I serve at the pleasure of the president" loud enough or long enough to make himself continue to suffer the embarrassment of doing so. I picture myself being forced to suffer imbeciles such as Geraldo Rivera for god knows what possible reason and I find my hand moving closer and closer to the ripcord of my golden parachute.

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but the employees who resigned were working for the Fox News outpost in Amman, Jordan. Considering the vitriol that's spewed daily in the middle east, don't you think it's possible that those two individuals might have been a little anti-Israel in THEIR thinking, rather than the whole Fox News department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back