FPS drop during Counter Strike: Source HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI yall. Recently i've been experiencing an extreme drop in FPS while playing CSS. I use to have around 70+ FPS, but now it can drop to below 15.

My system:
Pentium D dual core 2.8
2 gigs of RAM
250 gig hd
geforce 7900 256mb

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ummm dont take this the wrong way but did you do any thing to alter the game

(yes i will say it hacks,skins,mods,or sounds) that stuff can hurt your performance severly and if its not that then you may have a procesor dieing or a video card dieing but i dont think thats the issue

When is the last time you scanned for spyware? If it starts out with normal fps and then over time slowly drops to 15 then you might be having overheating probs with the cpu or the vid card.
Clean your fans for a starter and scan for spyware.

Thanks for your help guys. And no, I DO NOT HACK! I ended up just nuking my hardrive with "destructive system restore" and now i'm good. Just lost some good music in the process. I guess I had a virus or something.

rock on and sorry for the acusation i did not mean it to be persinal just wanted to rule it out im a admin of a server so i know lots of people do hack in that game

Some people have this problem, I have it too ( before I bought my new PC ), it's your processor overheating.

Try reapplying thermapaste / change the CPU fan to something better since most prebuilt computers have crappy parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back