FPS FX 5500 Prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Im new to the forums but have been on the site quite awhile, recently i just got broadband yippeee! stuck with 56k for a long time....anyways i just started playing Counter-Strike, and i noticed that my FPS suck....

AMD Athlon 1200
Geforce FX 5500 256mb x8 (motherboard supports x4)
512 DDR

I get 100FPS at the menu screen, when i click "Find Servers" my fps drops to 50

In game when no players are in my field of veiw i get about 40fps
When im in a firefight i get about 10 - 15 depending on the amount of players in the fight.
I have tweaked the game using commands like fps_max 100, i have turned of all the settings AA, antiscroptic filtering, Vertical Sync, etc. but all this did not seem to help, at all.
i have tried Riva tuner but i cant overclock a FX series with this program, i also tried Coolbit but this did nothing please i need your HELP!!!

the fps of the menu screen,etc, dont matter at all, because thats not the game. Thats the menu screen!

But in gun fights ya your fps is getting real low, Im sure its pretty nasty.

You say you've tweaked it all out, but what res have you got it running on.

A big factor of your FPS would be ram, if you dont have very much, otherwise your cpu is pretty old & slow.

Give your full system specifications, including what model motherboard you have (including manufactorer), as you will probably have to upgrade both motherboard and cpu to get a faster cpu. But if you only have 128MB of ram, or 256MB even, getting a 512MB stick would help greatly, also in windows and performance all around.

Ah ok, well your videocard isnt top of hte line, so you could spend $150-$200 on a 9800pro and get yourself by, or what would be best is to put the $200 towards a new motherboard and cpu.

Hi. I came across this post and thought maybe you could give me some advice. I'm running a P4 2.53(B) on an MS-6577 (cheap MoBo) with 512 DDR (PC2100) and I've got a 4X GeForce MX 440 128 DDR. I;m interested in boosting performance without spending a lot. I found this card... (a version of the one redvinze has)

BFG GeForce FX 5500 256 MB DDR (OC'd to 290 MHz core and 350 MHZ RAMDAC - though I'm sure I could probably tweak it a little higher).

http://www.bfgtech.com/5500OC.html

Do you think it's worth it? Should I do something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back