Fps sunddenly dropped from 100 to constnatly 50's

Status
Not open for further replies.

viflo

I'm currently using an ATI 9200SE (it aint that good but i was able to get constant 100's) and i got 512MB of Ram and a 2.8GHZ processor running on an ASUS mother board + a pentium 4 Processor.

Please help me

-ViFlo

Did you by any chance enable vsync?
If so, disable it, and your problem should go away.

If not, did you enable any FSAA, if so return it to it's previous setting...

If it's neither of those, tell us what drivers you are using, what games you have the problem with etc...

MrGaribaldi said:
Did you by any chance enable vsync?
If so, disable it, and your problem should go away.

If not, did you enable any FSAA, if so return it to it's previous setting...

If it's neither of those, tell us what drivers you are using, what games you have the problem with etc...

I turned off Vsync but my FPS IN counterstrike 1.6 jumps from 100-50 when I see an enemy or action.. What is FSAA? I dont have anything fancy enabled. I am currently using Omega 5.7 ATI Catalyst driver, i tried the 3.7 Omega driver but it was very bad and I couldnt get my monitor's refresh rate over 60mhz and I couldnt even open CS with that driver, so I just kept with 5.7 driver.

Can someone please help me? I cant buy a new card at this moment so I am stuck with my ati radeon 9200 se sapphire atlantis 128mb.

50fps isn't that bad. Either way the omega drivers is probably your problem. They are made to make the game look better or to increase your performance and when you installed a new version you might have got the beauty version. I'm not positive but it's just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back