Fragmented files from CS:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Counter Strike: Source caused me to have a WHOLE LOT of fragmentation on the computer. I have run the defragmenter, and it says it couldn't defragment those files. What can I do to fix this, because I believe it is what is causing a lot of lag in C&C Zero Hour and CS:S offline, even though I have it set to run with -heapsize 512000, -dxlevel 70, and something else to help it. Online it runs about 20, but because of my specs, I am not sure it is possible. Oh, btw, I have everything set to low at a resolution of 1024.

Thanks!

P.S. attached a txt document from defragmenter.

I am guessing no one wants to/knows how to help me, but just in case, here is a new defragmenter document.

Go to steam, then go to all your games and right click on them and select defragment. Steam has a fragmenting feature :) .

I have tried this.......and everything else...

Counter-Strike source is the only one doing this... because it is the only one installed!

Thanks for responding though

I have done that 4 times, to no avail. It runs fine ( I was just playing and it run at a good 25-35, then when 5 people total, it run at 11-20), but I am not sure about C&C Zero Hour. I just want the fragments gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back