free computer site

blacknight705

my ibm recently crapped out on me, and i don't really want to spend any money getting it repaired b/c it would probably cost more than the computer did.
so i thought about doing one of those free computer things. you know, "knock out president bush and get a free computer." i just figured that since i need a new computer right now and i dont have the funds to purchase one that this would be worth a shot.
the site i was looking at was
right now i'm using one of the worst computers i have ever used. i just wanted to know if anybody out there has been to this site and could tell me if it is something i should do or if its just another scam. i've seen the people on the news that did these sort of things and got their free ipods or w/e, but i just wanted to be 100% sure before i signed up for any of these offers. i know the deal, but again, i just wanted to be 100% sure.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated
thanks a lot! =)

Edit: Removed dodgy url.

Alot are scams, some aren't. Some say all you need to do is give them your email address and thats it..but that will never work..usually you have to do a long list of things..refer a certain number of people to their website ect..Personally, i would never do it..As by the end of it, they will have all of your personal info.credit card #,street address,name,ect. I would rather go out and buy a computer, rather then taking the risk of being scammed for thousands of dollars

I agree with twite. That`s a scam of some description and shouldn`t be touched with a 10 foot barge pole.

There are no free lunches unfortunately.

Regards Howard :)

Back