Freecom external hard drive beeping and not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

Hi about a month ago i bought a 500gb external hard drive from freecom.

Unfortunately yesterday it fell off the top of my pc tower and hit the ground. It was fine, and it was still running fine. Now i get home from school and switch it on and it just keeps making a short beep sound and i can feel that the disk isn't spinning up + my computer doesn't at know its there.

I unscrewed the stuff and took off the dumb label saying "warranty void" which probably wasnt the best option but i couldn't open it up so i decided to just leave it. (I basically thought i may be able to see if there is something loose inside, but i can't even get inside.)

So have i totally broken this hard drive? Have i lost all my music albums and movies? What can i do to fix it? Can i fix it?

Thanks for all replies, and if you need more information on in then please feel free to ask.

edit - i probably didn't make it clear enough that after i dropped it - it was still working. Its just after i turned it off and tryed switching it back on it wouldn't work.

You will have to open the case and make sure the hard drive is still securely attached to the inside interface SATA or IDE connector. If everything looks ok, the drive may be damaged

Aw it must be broke =[
So anything i can do to get the data back from it? (Wasn't really anything that important)
And to tmagic650: I opened it up, and nothing was lose, i took the drive away from the housing it was in... shook it.. blew on it... then put it back in, still was doing exactly the same thing when i switched it back on.

So yuh anyway i can get my albums and stuff back?

"So yuh anyway i can get my albums and stuff back?"...

I'm afraid not unless you're willing to pay big bucks to a data recovery service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back