Freekin Vonage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to post this here, and I hope and pray that somebody here knows what is going on with this stupid thing.........

I have Vonage Broadband, it works sometimes ( like if I sneeze too hard, the thing goes out-I really hate it). I have a Linksys Broadband router for it ( RT31P2). Last night, it quit. Flat out quit-I thought it was just one of those "moments" for it. Well today, I got on my computer and tried to log on...but couldn't ( I have Time Warner/roadrunner High speed)...I tried to re-new the IP and couldn't. Nothing. Nada. So I unplugged the Linksys thing...and plugged the internet cable directly into my modem....and VIOLA..it worked. TA DA !! I was online...but that didn't solve my problem because my hubby's deployed and calls everyday...I have NO phone. I did the power cycle thing, and it didn't work. I called Vonage they gave me a series of steps to take, all of which consisted of my Router being plugged into the Modem to access some sort of web page...I tried to explain to them that I cannot access the internet with this linksys thing plugged in. The "phone" lights are constantly flashing. I really want to talk to him tonight...I called Vonage, but they barely speak english and insist that power cycling it will fix the problem, however, I have done this 10 times now, and...its not working. Can somebody please help me ???

what a bummer! Go off line and await that phone call !
you can fix the Vonage junk later, IMO.

I did a google for your equipment and got this sad state of affairs

To reset the router, there should be a button(or hole for a paper clip) on the back panel.
Once you use it, the box should return to the factory settings and
you will need to reconfigure the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back