Freeze problem when gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

skvimpis

Hi i just reinstalled my computer and when i start playing my online games it freeze like 3 secs and goes back to normal. Then maybe after 10-20 secs at happends over and over again.

Please help me

Is this a clean re-install of Windows ?
Are all new drivers loaded, please check device manager for any conflicts
Start --> Run, type: devmgmt.msc

In device manager if you notice any yellow, kinda exclamation marks. That means the drivers have not been installed

The drivers are either on your motherboard CD (if you have one) or can easily be downloded from your computers (or motherboard) manufactures website (which is normally preferred)

To answer further questions regarding drivers, you may need to tell me what computer you have, and what Windows you are using.

Another common cause of game lag/freezing is cpu temps. Download and install speedfan (www.almico.com/sfdownload.php) and post what your temps are. Also hsa your computer been overclocked at all and what are your systems specs? Did this game always do this or is it a fairly recent occurence?
cheers
Hynesy

i can see that the PCI ''for easy kommunication'' isnt installed. if i press reinstall as it say i should do what will happend then? ^^

Can you tell us your system specs first? Also, what games is it? little flash games, or games such as Counter-Strike?

ok got it

Windows XP5.1 Service Pack 2
Memory (RAM) 2047 mb
CPU info intel pentium 4 CPU 3.60GHz
CPU Speed 3587,9 mhz

enough? :p

It would also help to know the Graphics card/display driver.

Sorry, I don't know if you should or not, but I'd say so. Don't take my word on it, though.

Ok, right above the 1280x124, it tells the display adapter, which is what I'd like to know. You may also try disabling background programs. Do you have any Anti virus or antispyware running in the background?

hynesy said:
Another common cause of game lag/freezing is cpu temps. Download and install speedfan (www.almico.com/sfdownload.php) and post what your temps are. Also hsa your computer been overclocked at all and what are your systems specs? Did this game always do this or is it a fairly recent occurence?
cheers
Hynesy

You may wanna try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back