Freezing in middle of gaming/scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hey everyone i got a problem, when i play a game for a couple of minites my whole computer freezez, or when i scan my pc with spybot it freezez, but not when i use avg or adaware. I have latest nvidea drivers so i dont know whats the problem, look at my system specs in my profile if you have to, thanks in advance.

I would say your using too much memory for both gaming and spybot scans, I would pause or stop one or the other. It happened to me also, I played a fairly old game, called Star Wars Starfighter, and I scanned and i had no lag. Try a good game that doesn't require that much memory. Also, It may be that your Spybot scanner trying to scan files that are already in use, such as game program files. Try turning one off, or play a less demanding game.

Oh. You don't use both at the same time. hmmmmm....

Maybe it has to do with your memory(RAM). Do you have a second RAM stick? Did you put in new RAM? If you put in new RAM, it could be bad, and your games and your spyware/antivirus tools are trying to use it? If you have a different but compatible stick of RAM, try that. Otherwise, try calling your computer manufacturer and maybe they can help.

o sorry for not addin this in, i already fix the problem bye changing the thermal paste, btw can i remove the cpu heatsink and put it back on withought reaplying thermal paste?

No, if you remove the heatsink, you must clean off the old thermal paste and then apply some new thermal paste.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back