Frequent blue screen errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

Hey guys,
for the last week or so...and especially today, my computer has been crashing and I get the blue screen with the message telling me windows had to shutdown, etc.

I have had variations of the following messages today:

"...caused by file: alcxsens.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
tech info: ***stop: 0x00000050 (0x8A111505, 0x00000001, 0xBA1F3688, 0x00000000)"

"IRQ NOT LESS OF EQUAL"
"BAD POOL CALLER"

ive read the stick that I think was about these types of crashes, I cleaned all the dust and debris from inside my comp. I have also run the disk defrag, but I still get this problem. my cpu is not overslocked, and now its sitting on an average of about 35-40deg C, my HDD is about 40-45deg C.

in my event viewer I have a lot of errors, such as "application errors", "application hang". "ESENT", "MSIinstaller".

here are a few of my recent mini dumps and the event logs.
any help is greatly appreciated.

im running xp with a 3gig CPU 1gig RAM and an 80gig HDD.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
What you are getting is referred to as a BSOD or blue screen of death. If you search this forum for BSOD you will find a lot of useful information.

All your minidumps point to Memory issues. One crash also references "alcxsens.sys", but I can't find much info on this file.

Run Memtest to test your ram.

Your system event log shows a lot of Windows Defender warning entries, and also one Windows File Protection Entry.
Run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) from command prompt to verify your system files, and then follow these instructions, and post a Hijack this log in the Security and Web forum.

i ran memtest for 4 passes and it didnt find any errors, i also ran chkdsk /f /r on startup and that reported that i have a hardware issue. either RAM, system board, CPU or my power supply. going by what you posted i think i may be the RAM. i have 2 sticks...one is 1gig(about a year old) and the other 256mb(about 2 years old). is there any way i can check which is the bad stick (other than removing one at a time and checking)?

if it is something else too, CPU/mother board...is there a way i can test them, or is it best to take the computer to get checked out?

ill follow the steps from the HJT forum and let you know if it helps.

cheers.

Try running each stick of ram independently for a while to see if there is an improvement, they could well both be dofferent speeds. You should never mix different speeds of ram.

i think they are both the same speed, DDR i think it is. when i bought the 1gig stick...i too the 256mb one to the shop with me to get the same one. i hope theyre the same.

ill try running one at a time to see if i can sort it out.

cheers.

well i removed the 256mb stick of RAM and now everything seems to be running ok. all seems stable and i havent had any BSOD for a few days now. im going to run another chkdsk /f /r to see if it returns any more issues. ill let you know of the results.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back