Frequent Cannot Find Website Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the "Cannot Find Website" message with several websites. It happens a lot with My Yahoo and Yahoo, but not always. I have gone through the troubleshoot suggestions for IE but no luck. I use Firefox and get it with it as well as IE. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What ISP do you use?

If it happens to be NTL, they have been having a few problems of late. I have had exactly the same problems for a few days, intermittently.

If you don`t use NTL. I suggest you contact your isp and see if they`ve been having any problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have Sprint/Earthlink as my ISP. I have not had time to update my profile. Sorry. I have search with Google and other search engines and did not find an answer that worked or pertained to my situation. I have not had good luck working the the isp on other issues. We have another computer that does not have this problem, so I can be pretty sure to say it is something set on this computer.

Have you checked your computer for viruses/malware etc?

Read the How to stickies at the top of the security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

check your host file (C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\) open with notepad and check if any site names have loopback address (127.0.0.1).
btw, this is a useful method to block "certain sites."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back