Fresh computer build, BSOD on XP Pro SP2 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

My computer finally came in yesterday, and I threw it all together. Here is the basic rundown:

1 XION Black XION II XON-103 SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
1 DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
1 SAPPHIRE 100130SR Radeon X800GTO2 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
1 AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor
2 CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
1 Western Digital 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
1 NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model ND-3550A - OEM

Basically a copy and paste from NewEgg. (Please note, no Floppy drive). Anyways, put it all together, and fire it up. Boots fine, good ole DFI Lanparty logo, yada, yada. Go to BIOS, change the Boot sequence to boot off the CD (for Windows XP Pro SP2), and I start installing it, it then requires a restart to finish setup. It restarts, and I get a wonderful, beautiful BSOD!

Basically (I'm at work, so I can't recall the error message off hand), I got a IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL error. Now, do you think this is an issue of it trying to boot off the floppy even though there isn't one? I'd imagine that this isn't an issue, but it might still be in the BIOS (didn't go back, had to go to work) albeit in a lower boot order since it was properly running off the CD.

Any ideas what needs to be set to remedy this issue? I don't think it's exactly a driver yet (I can't install them, as Windows isn't completely installed yet), as it's posting, RAM is recognized and ran fine during the initial installation process of XP, can write to the hard drive, I have a display, and what have you.

So what's the deal? (Where's the meat?!)

Thanks all! :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back