Not open for further replies.

Illathen

just seeking a bit of help.
i have a Sapphire Crossfire advantage
AMD X2 4600 24.ghz
4GB OCZ Platinum
2x X1950Pro 256mb DDR3
750 Watt PSU

anyway i tried to overclock my CPU and i got it upto 2.6Ghz no problem all the temps were arround 35-37idle tried it for an hour plus with CSS full settings and temps didnt rise much.
So i decided to rase the clock a bit more and go for 2.70ghz anyway windows fails to start so i power down my pc and restart and the pc starts up, MOBO lights all seem fine HDD powering up etc except that the moniter wont pick up any signal from either of the GPU's tried changing the configuration between the two cards and still no luck.

Any help would be appareciated even if its just a simple confirmation that my cpu has died or mobo is screwd.

Thanks

I do hope you realise CSS isn't the best tool to check stability, especially since it doesn't increase your temps by much...

Anyway, you seem to have tried to push your CPU a little far. But since it never did boot up, resetting CMOS should restore it back to defaults. Just go to your motherboard and remove the battery (the computer is **** down of course). Be sure to have the power cable unplugged for this. The wait for a couple of minutes. Replace the battery, and fire her up.

Sounds like CMH has hit the nail on the head! Overclocking requires that you repeadly stress your computer until it fails to boot or it fails to remain stable. A boot failure means that you'll sometimes have to clear the CMOS and reboot.

My computer is built on an ASUS A8N32-MVP Deluxe motherboard. I believe we have the same chipset but I'm not 100% sure, but anyways, sometimes when my computer won't start after a failed overclock attempt, all I have to do is push and hold down the power button until the computer powers down and then after five or ten seconds I can restart the computer and it will boot into my new overclocked settings. There is a BIOS bug that causes my motherboard to hang and it is associated with overclocking my made for overclocking motherboard, and I thought your board might have a similar condition. If you're serious about overclocking then you have a bunch or reading and testing to do. Do the reading first! It will save you a bunch of time and a huge amount of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back