Fried? Dead? WHAT! HELP! PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im afraid i may have fried my motherboard but dont no how to tell if i have. I was on my comp and it all shut down. Pressing the power stwitch at the front of the tower does nothing. Is my power supply at 350 watts not good enuff? is my motherboard dead or fried? or is my processor fried(it ran at about 50-60 deg)? is there any way of telling apart from using other computers. If my processor was fried wouldnt the comp still turn on though? thats why i think it isnt the processor. I have an athlon XP 3200+ geforce fx 5600 ultra, 350 watt power supply, ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard rev 1.04. 512 mb ram. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I NEED MY COMP TO WORK!!!!! ARGGGG

yea i kinda hope its the power supply. When i put in the power cable nothing happens and switching on comp button does nothing, no fans no nothing. Is there a way to tell if it is the power supply? cheers.

used an old mobo nd processor wit RAM in. used with power supply, no power, notin. It is the power supply. Ill prob go for a 450 or 500 watt one to last a while. Cheers for help.

Oh well at least you now know what the problem is.

I`m glad it`s not the mobo or cpu.

Good luck and Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back