Front panel audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i feel like a fool for having to ask this. but im having trouble matching up some audio connections. i have found another post about this somewhere. but was still not too sure.

got a rediculasly cheap case. and an asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo...

the mobo connectors are as follows...

1=AGND
2=+5VA
3=BLINE_OUT_R
4=(blank no pin)
5=BLINE_OUT_L

6=MIC2
7=MICPWR
8=Line out_R
9=NC
0=Line out_L

there's jumpers connecting pin 3 to pin 8 and pin 5 to pin 0

on my case.. i have the following 5 leads...

1 = MIC DATA < red wire
2 = MIC GND < black wire
3 = EAR GND < black cable
4 = EAR R < red wire
5 = EAR L <white wire.

i would be greatfull if someone could match these up...

thanks alot.

Bobs

I'll take a stab at this....

Case to board so 1 is mic data to 6 mic2

1 - 6
2 - 1
4 - 8
5 - 0

I dont think the 3 ear gnd is needed as it will ground through the 1 - 6 connection.

Let us know,

Regards

:) cheers for your feed back. i'll give this a whirl in the morning. bit tired rite now being 4.30am. lol. ...

the way you've sugested to connect them makes sence.. guess hte extra groud was just pickling me. i'll let you konw how it goes tomorrow.

thanks again

Bobs

hey. only just got around to trying htis out. taken me forever lol. but been really busy.

i connected everything up as you sugested mate.

the front and rear mic ports both work fine.

however the rear audio port now nolonger works. even with nothing in the front port.

i assumed id have an audio signal to the rear connector. which would get overriden and directed to teh front port when somthing was plugged in there.

i dont mind having everything running threw the front port. but if anyone has any ideas on how to configure it so that i have teh rear audio active too. would be much appreciated.

cheers.

bobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back