Frustrating Multiple Pop-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mijogo

hi guys, i've seen some of the threads that have similar problems like mine. it started when i downloaded an activex control whatchamacallit and i think i let the malware into my computer by accident. there are three pop-ups. the first one says:

"windows has detected an internet attack attempt... somebody's trying to infect your pc with spyware or harmful viruses. run full system scan now to protect your PC from internet attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! click here to download spyware remover for total protection."

and the second one goes like:

"Security warning! Trojan.w32.looksky on your machine. this virus is distributed via the internet thru email and active-x objects. the worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers emails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. in worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. this process should be removed from your system.

Type: Virus
System affected: Windows 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista
Security risk (0-5): 5
Recommendations: Click Yes to remove it from your PC immediately
."

and the third one pop ups from the icon tray like a notification and it says:

"System Alert. System detected virus activities. these may impact the performance of your computer. please, use recommended antispyware software to protect your system from parasite programs."

and there are three icons in my desktop all of which keep on re-appearing even if i delete them repeatedly. these are: "privacy protector, error cleaner, spyware&malware protector"

one more thing, there's a blinking red X sign icon in my icon tray that isn't suppose to be there.

i know all of these are malware but i don't know how to remove them. i have a thesis deadline to beat and these problems are just slowing me down. i hope you guys can help me. thanks.

Logs

View attachment 22478

View attachment 22479

here are the logs. i'm still figuring out what i'm doing wrong with my avg spyware log, it says it can't find anything. i'll post that when i figure it out. also, i took a look at my task manager and saw 6 svchost.exe processes. they're obviously trojan but i don't know which ones to end. thanks.

Your infection is obvious in your log.

You are using an old version of HJT, you need to download the newest version and do a fresh log.

Get the latest version of HJT from Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

This thread is for the use of mijogo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Updated HJT log

rik said:
Your infection is obvious in your log.

You are using an old version of HJT, you need to download the newest version and do a fresh log.

Get the latest version of HJT from Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

This thread is for the use of mijogo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi rik, i updated my HJT software and here's my log. hope you can take a look at it. thanks. best regards.View attachment 22486

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back