FSB and northbridge (more NB than anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantombadger

Now my understanding is that with an intel the northbridge is the memory controller and is directly linked with the FSB. If i increase the FSB speed from 1066 to 1200 how much is the NB affected?

MY OC'n process. based on internet OC'ing of the G0 CPU's I determined that it was good idea to bump it up to 3.0ghz from 2.66ghz. This can usually be done fairly easy with not voltage changes. I also installed a Scythe Shruiken heatsink; this is a good cheap AMC for lo-profile applications. the shruiken is a pain to get in but worth it. I dropped 20degrees and with the OC its back to what Stock was. so a 12% OC and nothing major :D.

The memory speed is not directly linked, it's based on a divider off of the FSB, some BIOS give you control of that divider. I've noticed that bumping the voltage with C2Ds doesn't help much. They OC at normal voltages so much that bumping the voltage increases heat too much to get a speed bump before thermal problems cause a crash. That's still a nice OC you have. You might get to 3.2 with air, depending on your chipset. I got 3.33 Ghz with water cooling on a 965 chipset, changed to a P35 and got 3.5 Ghz

Yah I got the P532n-SLI plus which has that mixed chipset of 570/650 from nvidia, so idk. I'm pretty happy with atm. If it push it further I will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back