FSF campaign against Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_hz

“Vista is an upsell masquerading as an upgrade. It is an overall regression when you look at the most important aspect of owning and using a computer: your control over what it does. Obviously MS Windows is already proprietary and very restrictive, and well worth rejecting. But the new 'features' in Vista are a Trojan Horse to smuggle in even more restrictions. We'll be focusing attention on detailing how they work, how to resist them, and why people should care”

The FSF has started a campaign against Vista. Look here

Hi

So what are they saying, that my PC is going to turn on me and report me for downloading things I shouldn't, or is it just someone not happy with the money MS make from building an OS that works well enough to be sold commercially for the masses, most of whom are happy with it.

Come on Bill Gates for all his faults isnt going to get away with building an OS that wont allow people to use their PC as they want, if it does then it wont be long before Vista goes the way of the Dodo, people will remove it and we will see a big need for XP, or even linux come to that.

The websites aim is to get people to go for a "free software", how long it stays free, what support is available and whether hardware manufacturers will support it is something you would have to seriously consider before changing your OS to something else, I know I have tried several versions of linux as an alternative and found it to be nothing short of a nightmare to get it working, OK so windows may be owned by a multimillionaire egotistical maniacal madman who thinks he's god but at least his OS works out of the box and is supported by the majority of hardware/software manufacturers.

Keep the free software free and charge for one that does what its supposed to...

Regards

Come on Bill Gates for all his faults isnt going to get away with building an OS that wont allow people to use their PC as they want

I thought Bill gates left Microsoft and was going to give his money to Charities and stuff? :D

Pretty sure il trust the billion dollar computer proffesionals and basicly creators, over some guys from a crappy site keke

TimeParadoX said:
I thought Bill gates left Microsoft and was going to give his money to Charities and stuff?

Yep and Jesus Christ is having Christmas dinner at my house this year,

Zurles said:
Pretty sure il trust the billion dollar computer proffesionals and basicly creators, over some guys from a crappy site keke

The site is pretty bad, read it and spot the double post of the same line, guy who wrote it was probably stoned at the time...

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:

The site is pretty bad, read it and spot the double post of the same line, guy who wrote it was probably stoned at the time...

Regards

And is that really appropriate for the younger users here?

Lol he probably was, I saw that double post also ;)

Ididmyc600 said:

Regards
Actually, Bill Gates DID leave Microsoft. He is officially still chair, but the management of the company has been given to the people who work directly under him, and they run the company for him until he wants it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back