Fujitsu Laptop Display Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have a Fujitsu N Series Lifebook laptop whose monitor is not working. I have hookup an external monitor and it is working just fine. After doing this I opened the montor cover and checked all the connections to the LCD panel itself and unplugged and reseated every connection and also wiggled wires and connections when the system was booted up and found nothing that changed my problem. Also the switch that puts the laptop in standby when the monitor is closed, I could press it down and the monitor would light up for an instant then go back dim. This would also cause it to go into standby mode.

So far in my troubleshooting I have determined the the video card is working and also the cover switch seems to be working properly. You can see the the display on but it is very dim. I have also tried to adjust the brightness with no luck in fixing it.

Is their something that I may have overlooked? If not is their a repair or replacement that maybe possible?

Thanks

it sounds as if the screen has just gone and broken :) nothing more nothing less, really. you might be able to get some sort of replacement screen from somewhere or fujitsu might replace it if it's not an old pc :)

Your backlight has failed. In the UK this would cost about £120 to get fixed as it is quite common. In the USA it might be a bit cheaper at about $200.
If you are in the UK I can give you the name of an outfit that will fix it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back