Funky screen that crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly my screen on the laptop goes funky as if there's bad reception and freezes. It started doing this at unpredictable intervals sometimes it would start crashing like this more and more and then suddenly it would be a long time. Nothing seems to fix it except Moving it around would sometimes cause it to snap out and restart. I've attached the comp to other monitors and although the fuzziness does not show up there...the signal starts cutting out when the fuzziness starts on the main screen. Anyway I've attached the dmp file that the winblows error message led me to that I think relates to the last crash I had. I've updated drivers to no avail.

System: asus laptop

Intel Pentium M 2 ghz
Ram 2gb 1 while I remove a stick to see if that helps
ATA Mobility X700 128 MB DDR Ram
Winblows XP Service pack 2.
60gb harddrive

Sounds like a fault video sub-system. You will probably need a new motherboard if the graphics are integrated. At the very least, there may be a loose connection between the motherboard and the video-out port, but since this is usually a hard-soldered block to the motherboard, there is not much likelihood of any repair short of a motherboard swap. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back