G. Skill vs Corsair Dominator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

I'm currently using G. Skill Ram, 4 sticks for ddr2 900. I'm reading revies of my motherboard, getting a bus rate of up to 400 stable. I'm currently able to get 350, stable until I run number programs to get my cpu usage above 80% across the board on all cores. I'n the review I saw, person was using corsair ram, might my ram be the issue?

I would vote for the Corsair. G.Skill is a good company but not as great as Corsair. And correct me if I'm wrong but the Dominator's are part of the XMS Series right?

Hmmm

Have you tried everything like loosening the timings on the memory and such ?

All in all it could be the ram, corsair is a definate leader in performance memory, however that g.skill you have there is some good stuff also.

Plus always remember that even if somone has the exact same setup as you all hardware although identical does not perform exactly the same. You see that a lot with hardware reviews especially for motherboards. One site will be able to jack the FSB up to xxx and the other will not get that out of the board they recieved.

yes I loosened the timings, and yes the dominator ram is party of the xms series, just trying to figure out to get more out of my rig.

So I've been reading up, apparently for overclocking to the edge, right before your pc wants to jump off the cliff you need really good quality ram. There are two versions of the dominator 800 ram i could buy, the 4 or 5 latency modules. Would faster times help with overclocking?

The faster timings are better for overclocking because they can run at higher speeds with the same timings as other slower RAM. Therefore you can reduce those timings more than you could with RAM that has more relaxed stock timings. And that means more clock speed ;)

Wow, those are some nice timings for DDR2-800. The stuff I'm getting for my upgrade is 4-4-4-12 at PC2-6400. At least it can hit DDR2-1000 at 5-5-5-15 I read somewhere ;)

But that stuff you're getting should hit like 1250MHz (PC2-10000) at 5-5-5-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back